- The faculty offers ‘B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture’ with duration of FOUR years spread over to EIGHT semesters.
- The mentioned ‘B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture’ programme lays more focus on the state-of-art knowledge in wider disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, and Animal Husbandry. Extension activities also form a part of the regular curriculum that play a crucial rolein promoting agricultural productivity, enhancing food security, improving rural livelihoods and promoting agriculture.
- The faculty transacts curriculum as promulgated by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi and Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (SAU), Tamil Nadu.
- To impart firsthand knowledge on agriculture and allied sciences
- To impart in-depth practical knowledge in agriculture and allied sciences
- To provide extensive knowledge on agri-allied sectors like livestock, Poultry
- To disseminate different technologies through various extension activities
- To identify and overcome the problems encountered in day-to-day agriculture
- To provide knowledge on commercial agricultural production practices
- To make students competitive in pursuing higher studies
Programme Specific Outcome
- To provide knowledge from ancient to modern agricultural practices
- To impart in-depth practical knowledge in crop cultivation practices
- To give detailed knowledge about agri-allied sectors
- To provide knowledge on working of different farm implements
- To serve the rural agricultural population
- To disseminate recent agricultural technologies through extension.
- Detailed knowledge on various agri-business activities
- Detailed knowledge on horticulture and sericulture practices
Far Syllabus: Click here