Introduction & Infrastructure of Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science (DCS) is an Off-Campus Faculty Center of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) head quartered at Belur Math, Kolkata. It is located in the Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya Campus at Coimbatore. Vidyalaya is one of the major and legendary educational institutions of Ramakrishna Mission. Vidyalaya is set 19km apart from Coimbatore main city on the Ooty–Mettupalyam high way. When one travels to Ooty on this high way one enjoys the sight of Western Ghats-stretch, declared as a Heritage site by the government of India on right side. To the left is situated Vidyalaya in about a 300 acre area in a serene environment, away from the bustle of life. Shri T.S. Avinashilingam founded Vidyalaya in 1934 while Mahatma Gandhi laid foundation stone. Over years Vidyalaya had grown into a huge educational complex housing 19 educational institutions, offering courses from pre-school to doctoral levels till date. Department of Computer Science started functioning since 2014.
DCS aims at preparing world class software professionals To realize the aims the Faculty is provided with appropriate infrastructural Facilities. Course material is provided through Learning Management System (LMS) called Claroline, an open source software.