- International Day of Persons with Disability was observed on 03rd December 2020 at 11.00 am to 12.15 p.m. through online by FDMSE-RKMVERI, Coimbatore Campus.
- Swami Garishthananda, Administrative Head, Br. Ajarachaitanya, Assistant Administrative Head, FDMSE-RKMVERI, graced the occasion.
- N.Muthaiah, Dean, FDMSE-RKMVERI, welcomed the gathering and presented an introductory speech.
- Parvathi Ravi, Coordinator, WVS Special School, Koundenpalayam, Coimbatore, delivered keynote address.
- Cultural and oratorical events of children with special needs were conducted.
- A few parents of Children with Disabilities shared their experience in dealing with Children with Special Needs.
- They have also highlighted the nature of training and rehabilitation services offered at FDMSE, for Children with Special Needs. They explained how they manage their children at home during this pandemic period.
- In total, 40 children with disabilities, 40 parents, Teacher Trainees, Research Scholars and faculty members attended the programme.
- Sudha.A, Assistant Professor in Special Education, FDMSE-RKMVERI, proposed vote of thanks.
The programme concluded with National Anthem.
Details of the programme conducted for children with disabilities
|S.No||Programme||Type of Disability||No of Students|
|2||Story Telling||Visual Impairment||1|
|4||Fancy Dress||Intellectual Disability with Speech problem||3|
|Intellectual Disability with Motor problems||3|