Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Coimbatore campus organized a Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ‘Sources of Publication Strategies’ on 17.10.2020.
Dr. P. Lalitha, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women was the resource person. This FDP thrown the light on
- Importance of sharing our research
- Identifying a good research problem
- Importance of key words in collecting relevant information
- Significance of impressive and flawless writing style
- Avoiding redundancy
- Use of software for checking grammar and language
- Preparing an abstract
- Precautions to be taken while preparing a manuscript
- Evaluation process and acceptance for publication
- Importance of avoiding duplication of article by slightly altering the title
- Ethical responsibilities of author
- Method of calculating impact factor and indexing
Faculty members of all the four off-campus faculties (FDMSE, GAPEY, FAER, DCS) attended the FDP.